View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3814519)   #201
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a good weekend of racing. Looks like the pace is well spread throughout the grid, and I'm made up for the guys who got the podiums in R2.

Ollie's been at this a long time, and really hasn't ever made any enemies. He's had a few bumps like most, but he's pretty much always a clean driver and comes across as a genuine bloke. That podium will mean a lot to him (and Mr H and the rest of his team).

I dare say that Mark Proctor will be even more delighted than Senna on the win. He's been involved in motorsport a long time, and will know these days don't come around often.

Likewise Simon Hill with Jake. He's a huge talent, and it would be a darn shame if he was priced out of the championship. Another one who is an absolutely lovely bloke too - as is his old man (I've never actually met Senna, so I hope he doesn't take this personally!)

There was a real feeling of the changing of the guard this weekend. Neal and Plato miles off the pace, Turkington having a few issues, whilst Ingram and Goff started to look like the big players, and Sutton managed a bit of a dog of a car like a real pro.

The Honda clearly had issues, but even so I felt Dan Cammish looked a bit hesitant to really get his elbows out. I (along with every other normal person on here) would never grumble about a driver being overly clean, but he maybe needs to be prepared for a bit of wing-mirror exchanging to maximise his results.

Not so Tom Oliphant, who looked very comfortable in the touring car environment given his GT upbringing.

Thought the driving standards will generally good. Moffat looked lucky to avoid something for ending Hill's race on the formation lap though. Poor from him.

Final word to Rob Austin. Handy (sorry, Duo Motorsport with HMS) aren't a big team, and he was clearly hit very, very hard by the loss of Shane. Massive credit to them for building a beautiful (terrible livery mind you) car and making it competitive from the first session. They're doing him proud.