Thread: Creation DBA
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2004, 15:35 (Ref:1026853)   #11
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation is actually a very small team and if you look closely you will see the same people at every other weekend but with different cars.The worklooad carried by Ian and his boys is tremendousn Monday... before the Nuburgring event they just had enough time to unload the Lister
and pack up for the Trip to Germany.I actually saw the truck boarding the ferry on Monday night...amazing.
as for the car:it is actally the only reynard chassis and got finished by RN-motorsports.It was homologated as a DBA in deference to the backer of the project.
Last winter Team Creation bought the car ,truck and everything and started their own development programme ,as in RN s hands the potential of the car never got unleashed,mainly due to lack of funds presumably.
the Zytek was scruteeniered at LeMans 50kgs lighter as the DBA is currently 708 against 760,so I cannot see the difference being lighter bodywork.How they did save the weight,who knows...
Creation has agood working relationship with Zytek,as they say and it can be seen at the track.parts do interchange and of course they use their engine but in essence they run their own boat having the legs on them on suspension setup imo.
Competing for a win is a real david against goliath thing in this case and I reeally admire and applaud Mike and Ian for taking the fight to Audi with their bunch of clever capable and determined people .