Thread: IMSA Race 2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona
View Single Post
Old 21 Jan 2019, 04:35 (Ref:3877444)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’m over in Virginia in a few weeks. I see a lot of the parks are not staffed. It is difficult to tell what it does affect from over here.

I also see that there is a lot of activity to support those without a wage at the moment. Ranging from free entry to places to food banks. Hopefully for everyone affected it is sorted soon.
Basically if you want to go in a park you better hope it's a state road and you aren't going inside anything. There are a few things opened by state money and MLK stuff is open again because Delta paid to staff, maintain and clean it from Friday to Feb 3 but then it's back closed again. 83k to open the park for 2 weeks.

Out west even less is open because the universal truth is universal, people generally suck. Multiple Western parks have been trashed because no one is there to watch them.

Thankfully the track is not a park and I think most of the teams have expeditors to help move things along. Fans on the other hand could be screwed but that's also a sign of our broken and honestly pathetic charade of "security."