View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2011, 15:52 (Ref:2908679)   #35
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
For those that think this means Audi will be headed to F1 in 2014, I suggest you read some of the Adrian Newey comments that he made regarding future F1 engines and Audi, and If he is right it sounds like no chance they will go.
That they won't go to F1 dosen't mean they will stay in LMP1 though. They could be concentrating on touring cars, start a factory GTE project with the R8 or something else.

To be competitive in LMP1 you have to spend almost F1-like money and I seriously don't see VAG running two major programmes like that at once in the same series..it makes no sense.

Factories very rarely do this, for a good reason. The last instance of something like that I can remember is Peugeot & Citroen in the WRC in the early 2000s but even there PSA pulled the plug after a few years because it is a waste of money to have two of your own makes compete against each other.