View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3919297)   #37
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
The build itself has been public knowledge for about 18 months, and has been noted in the site masterplan for several years before that.

Photo

I *think* it has reduced the overall length of the International Pit Straight grandstand.

And I think that your picture only shows the first half of the construction. Going by the illustration from Business Traveller, the hotel will extend a further amount to the right, at least equal to what is portrayed in the photo.

By the way, I have no objection in principle to a hotel being built at Silverstone, but it surely shouldn't be at the expense of the spectators; their is more than ample land within the complex without having to either block spectators view of the track or having to demolish grandstands.