View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3883605)   #75
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I have to say that on the occasions when I've shared a grid with Caterhams, in either the 944 or the 75, its been scary - not only do you have to lower your mirrors to give you a chance of seeing the little blighters, but their lines (? ) into and through corners are so different from ours that its potentially dangerous.........

You should have tried driving a Special Saloon Anglia around Brands on a crisp Saturday afternoon at the same time that a future world champion is in full flow piloting the latest Formula 2 car in serious testing mode!

On one lap, I checked the rear view mirror on entry into Paddock and he was not to be seen, yet by the time that the car floated to the edge of the track on exiting and I was starting up the hill to Druids, he was alongside me on the nearside. I wouldn't have known that he was there if I hadn't heard his engine, and he wasn't too impressed that he had to take to the grass to avoid me!

We had, surprisingly under the circumstances, a very friendly chat at the end of the afternoon in the paddock when I apologised to him. His only criticism was that it was an effing stupid place to park! We remained on friendly terms whilst I was still racing.