Thread: Historic F3
View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2003, 12:04 (Ref:636521)   #6
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't seen Autosport this week, so can't be sure which one it is. As you say the price of these cars has been falling, which is because there haven't been many buyers. I expect the car has had the same owner for a few years, rather than it being bought and sold several times. There were two Ensigns racing about 5 years ago - a red one which was very quick, a yellow one which was a bit slower, though I think the difference might have been down to the drivers - they were father and son. I know they sold the red one, but it was for sale again soon after. Don't know why. I haven't seen an Ensign in historic F3 for a few years now, so its probably been sat idle for a time, with the problems that brings - bits seized up / perished etc. Otherwise if it was one of the cars I remember from a few years ago it should be in good condition. If you're seriously thinking about buying one you should talk to someone from the Classic F3 register (numbers are on the website I mentioned above). They know the history of most cars.
I'll have a look for it in Autosport tonight.