View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2019, 22:40 (Ref:3922503)   #4461
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Pato O'Ward is interesting as well, can anyone get Red Bull to loan him back to Indy to stay sharp? I think more likely we'd see him with an F2 program and Red Bull money over there but who knows. Red Bull has ZERO interest in Indy any more so there's that too.
That probably depends on Red Bull's plans with him. If they really want to bring Pato to F1, there's little to be won in bringing him back to Indycar full time (think: superlicense points).

If the F1 plan is shot, then what do they want with Pato?
Furthermore, would they allow him to run for McLaren (and Chevrolet) while still under contract with Red Bull (and thus in a way affiliated with Honda) ?

If Red Bull drops him / releases him then everything goes of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Rinus Veekay has been showing well in the few Lights races I've seen and importantly he has, pardon the pin, huge backing with Jumbo. How well Indy plays in Holland to make that situation work I have no idea, if the TV deal is there and Dutch fans follow maybe great and as RM points out ECR would love to have him and possibly help out with Ed running the ovals as he loves to do.
The Indy 500 has been on TV regularly in the Netherlands - at least for the last 12 years. It used to be on RTL7, but IIRC has moved in the past 2 years to Ziggo Sport (part of Liberty Global / Liberty Media)
I don't think they show any other Indycar races

Interesting that Rinus van Kalmthout (his real name) is sponsored by Jumbo too. I doubt they get much coverage for that over here. But good for him/them.

Last edited by gert; 12 Aug 2019 at 22:51.