View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2013, 07:23 (Ref:3202744)   #1312
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes it is painting a bad picture. But is all of it true? I'm not sure it is.

No I don't think the Supertourers have singlehandedly ruined motorsport. But I also don't think the good is as good as some claim from what I have read on here.

MSNZ? No relationship at all. To the best of my knowledge I don't know anyone involved with them above car club membership/event running (marshalls etc) level. I once stopped to look at the car they had in the window in Wellington though.

Quote:
but one that wants to know why a category such as the ST's gets so far with MSNZ (and things get agreed in principle) and then to have to pin pulled
See but that's one of the things I don't think is accurate and is being reported as being accurate in the media. All I saw is comments about them looknig into something, was there an agreement signed or anything? Did anyone say "yes we will let you come to the V8s for sure"?
I asked earlier in the thread where this document saying that was and since then no one has produced anything.

One thing to consider, are all those involved in the Supertourers squeaky clean? Is it all entirely one sided? Reading a few of the threads on here there is some seriouly funny stuff happening in the Supertourers.

My preffered outcome? **** I dunno how you'd sort this mess. But after seeing both types of cars run, I know which one is more fun to watch.
I genuinly got a bigger buzz from 3 TLX cars in one race than I did from the entire Supertourer field playing follow the leader a car length apart for a weekend.

I guess I'm just someone who doesn't beleive everything posted on an internet forum