View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2013, 08:54 (Ref:3202785)   #1316
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
yes the current picture being painted is not good. but myself, and SBrick, plus a few others, also know the press is diigging deep into one side of the matter and getting a veiwpoint predominantly form either ST teams or drivers. as most of this information is unfounded (unless emails/ documents are produced), i remain impartial, but would appreciate FACTS. if some of these claims are true, then MSNZ's code of silence and conduct leaves a lot to be desired, and appropriate action needs to be taken

as i have been grouped previously, i'll have a stab:
NZST havn't so much as ruined the sport, but many involved were party to the ruination of top level car racing in NZ that has been ongoing for 10-ish years. many of these teams have been around long enough to know what works, but some of the same people are doing the same actions to bring their sport down again.

former marshall/ CotC/ scrutineer/ spectator. very rarely competitor (not circuit). 20+years involvment

personally, would like to see either:
ST reduce their ego and cubes and go back to 5.0l formula (as this could have some bearing on strained relationship with AV8SC ?) and allow TLX 5.0l car to run with them for a decent grid of 30+ cars

or
status quo big motors on their own and
20+ TLX cars on their own
and let the public decide fairly.

can fully appreciate that NZST have grown the way they have. a decent advertising campaign will do that, and that is one this MSNZ/TMC et al have failed on in the last 5-6 years to do.
for the first three rounds, i honestly thought the racing was crap and processional, but once a few engineers got their head around the cars, some decent racing ensued.
the constant rule bending and changing is not a good look, and neither is sniping to the press about track safety when JMac's car was clearly at fault.

MSNZ have failed miserably with TLX, even though i prefer the make-up of the class. this , in no way does this reflect on Mitchells for their involvement, but unfortunately, it dosn't look like it will get to required numbers to create a decent series (even though rumours of a group buy have been mentioned), to re-invigorate the paying public.
i love the new car, but i ain't paying to see 3 of them.

guys, lay some cards on the table, would love to he who is at fault in ALL sides of this fiasco.
Round 1 Race 3 was pretty good. 20 TLX cars Joe, come on mate. I better buy one then. and who are going to be driving the twenty cars? anyone we know. Pipe dreams.