View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3727732)   #102
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
Steve, Nathan's C4 was one of several (LDM) Supercars to catch fire during the day so I would have been surprised to see it moving under its own power let alone racing again on Monday. Great shame!
I thought it was down in the assembly area ahead of the final - just in case someone else dropped out before the start? (I didn't see it but I thought the commentators mentioned that?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
As is often the way here, there's been a lot of negative comments about Monday's meeting.
I think the negative comments are justified in this case - the toilets were dreadful and the recovery operation descended into farce by the end of the day.

[QUOTE=Hampton Caught;3727724]Some great racing on Monday[QUOTE]

Agreed - there was some superb racing throughout the classes (and that's not always the case).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I only hope we can get a few dates at Silverstone for BRC. AS that is a lot closer and the track looks great.
Interesting - I've not seen the Silverstone track in person but from the photos I've seen it looks typically Silverstone (or more accurately - typically Stowe). Flat, devoid of character and limited in spectating options - I assume they'll be building some grandstands there so you'll actually be able to see something (although I suspect there's a lot of catch fencing to go up yet too).