View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3727737)   #103
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I thought it was down in the assembly area ahead of the final - just in case someone else dropped out before the start? (I didn't see it but I thought the commentators mentioned that?)
Yeah, that was the impression I had as well. If the car wasn't capable of running, why bring it to the dummy grid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
Steve, Nathan's C4 was one of several (LDM) Supercars to catch fire during the day so I would have been surprised to see it moving under its own power let alone racing again on Monday. Great shame!
Yeah, I actually saw the Heathcote fire coming as I noticed a flicker of flame under the car as it turned up North Bend. I was quite close to the car when it pulled over, but they had the fire out quickly so it wouldn't have surprised me if they had managed to turn the car around.

Quote:
Some great racing on Monday and I do hope Mad Mark gets the Xsara working reliably one day. It's a long journey for him to find the clutch is slipping badly.
I'm possibly being unfair to Mark, but I do wonder if that car is beyond his means. I'm sure with a decent investment of time and money it could be competitive (and reliable) again, but he always seems to be on the back foot with the Xsara.

Quote:
Some of the Retro cars are awaiting parts, which in some cases ae becoming hard to find given the cars' ages, hence no 6R4s or James Harrold's Beetle, for instance. More cars are on the way, but amateur racers with small budgets who do it for fun find that the build process takes longer than is ideal. More cars are on the way!
I assumed that the Group B cars were either awaiting parts and/or being preserved for use at the World round. The plans for the World round sound promising, I'm really looking forward to seeing what iconic cars they have lined up!