View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3762467)   #124
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
The thing with Jason was they also dropped it off the lifter onto its nose while trying to get it onto the lowlader! So it was likely even more damaged.
Yep - that wasn't clever. To be fair the car needed a reshell before they dropped it.

Quote:
Some of the recovery today was pathetic, water truck fell off the tractor, tow rope snapped twice, car ran into the back of a tow car!! The track prep was OK< but the hole on the way into the chicane was getting dangerous for the more road based cars. And the usual punctures, but most f that seemed to be driver inflicted
I don't think the tow rope snapped - I think it was the towing straps on the cars that let go, when they re-attached they had to attach to the chassis. I don't think that can be blamed on the recovery guys. There were certainly some broken up bits on the loose but as you say Ollies punctures were due to clattering the kerbs too hard.

Quote:
But that aside a very good day, some great racing, Bristow is worth the money on his own as is the Polish lad in the Saxo. Supercar was quick, and decent, the new lads really are now pushing the old guard like Godfrey to the side a little on some tracks. Scott was excellent.
Agreed about 'the Polish lad' very impressive and it was good to see some close racing within the mixed s1600,hot hatch, MINI classes.

Quote:
And wasn't it a joy to hear Arthur on the comms for a bit, sounds like he is recovering from the big C nicely and was very forthright on IMG and especially Silverstone which was music to my ears!!
He certainly didn't hold back did he!

Quote:
One question, did anyone see the half finished Mk2 in the retro tent up the hill? Looks like someone is thinking about a Schanche Zakker replica? Anyone any clue?
Well I had a bit of a nose about it but I can't provide any more information I'm afraid. It's some way off being ready but looks like it'll be good fun when it's done.