View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2014, 01:04 (Ref:3397523)   #113
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Scott Elkins is backtracking somewhat on Twitter this evening, claiming that he's not talking about a spec chassis but that specifications for the tub should be the same, i.e. carbon tub to certain Min/Max dimensions and to certain tolerances. He likens it to current LMP1 regs where the tub has to conform to things like visibility requirements.

If this is actually what TUSC are suggesting then I'm a lot more comfortable with it.
I followed this on twitter as well. Not the best platform for discussing such things if I'm honest. the character limit really messes with the overall message at times.

I get that he says it would be like current P1, but really current P1 is no different than current DP. In DP there are specifications that multiple chassis manufacturers have to follow - same as P1. The question is - could a R18 shell be fitted on Toyota's tub? I suspect not. Yet a Corvette DP can be built on any of the 3 chassis available.

I guess we just have to keep in mind that this isn't a settled issue. It is just the beginning of the conversation. I trust that Mr Elkins understands the wants of the fans, but also has to take into consideration the wants of the manufacturers. With that in mind, I think we will end up with a product we can all live with - but of course nobody will think is perfect.