View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3940760)   #56
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Shame (current owners excepted) about how high the values have soared in recent years, even in the relatively short period that I have been involved in the sport.

That said, I am reminded that the problem of “not fitting in the car” does prevent me from ever racing some of the more competitive models anyway!

It is true that some front running Juniors are hugely expensive now,
especially the Lotus 22 and the Brabham BT2 / BT6, going for 150.000 pounds or more

Also some Front engined Juniors, especially the rare and the quick ones, command big money, six figures in many cases Mainly because they offer the chance to shine at Goodwood every 3 or 4 years.

Buuuuut, the rear engined drum braked Juniors, that also get their race at Goodies every 3 or 4 years cost a fraction.
You can still get some of these for 40.000 pounds give or take.
Yes, of course, 40.000 pounds is a lot of money, but really cheap im comparison to a Lotus 22 or a Lola Mk. 2
Which - if anything - shows the lack of imagination by some, who just need to have THAT frontrunning car

RuE

Last edited by Rudernst; 15 Nov 2019 at 15:02.