View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2019, 00:57 (Ref:3881019)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In case people had not heard the beermountain forum has now closed, the site was always useful for information on campsites etc and it is therefore ashame that it has now closed. They say that it was because use had been failing as facebook, twitter etc have taken it's place.
i do hope that the same fate does not befall other forums so let us all hope we all continue to use ten tenths and the same fate does not this forum
Somewhat sad news. While it's about 10 years since I really dug into them they were a part of what the landscape was then - I like to think what was submitted there will be archived, but the realist in me acknowledges that this is now all gone. @Simon - I do hope you have a copy of your Tertre Rouge review...

It says something about here too I suppose. I've not been around for a while, there are arguments about life getting in the way, as well as alternative channels of communication, and I suspect racing not quite being as engaging as it was; but as someone who in the mid-00s found this as somewhere where you could not only find like minded enthusiasts but also interact with those directly involved in racing I'd be very sad to see it pass.

Maybe I should post more. Maybe we all should.

Use it or lose it.