View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2020, 19:07 (Ref:3993625)   #17
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The teams have 2 sets of hard tyres (last weeks medium), 3 sets of mediums (last weeks soft) and 8 sets of softs that seem to be okay for about a lap but appear no faster than the mediums but last about 5 laps maximum.

As the teams have a lot of data on the mediums and hards from last they only get minimum running during practice to save them for the race.

I expect in Q1 all teams will run only softs so they can get rid of them. Q2 is going to be interesting as I expect most to run mediums so don't have to start on softs except for those who don't expect to make Q3. Q3 will probably be all soft to save mediums and hards for the race.
If somebody has over used their mediums and hards during practice and qualifying

they could be in trouble during the race as I suspect 2 stops will be the minimum required.