View Single Post
Old 9 May 2007, 11:44 (Ref:1909797)   #7
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Sprint/feature race format needs sorting out. Either go back to the format of season 1 (two equal length races) or just have one main race on raceday (2 stops mandatory, like DTM). At the moment the sprint race is a bit of a non-event, no prize money, no live coverage on SkySports etc. If the season 1 format is used, have a reverse grid lineup of sorts for race 2 to spice things up.
Have to say I'm not a big fan of the sprint/feature format. I don't know what it's supposed to achieve, unless it is just a TV thing. Why not just have 2 races? Or one longer one?

The sprint race is usually fairly processional. If it was billed as a kind of second qualifying that might make more sense, but probably not.

Perhaps it could be made more interesting by teams having to enter different drivers for each race. But I'm not sure about that either.

I did think, if it is genuinely meant to be a team game, that you could maybe have different qualifying and race drivers. That would at least give Jarno Trulli something to do after his retirement from F1.