View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4030047)   #21
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
As a relatively new BTCC fan (I only started watching it in 2015), I would be interested to know what you think was the best season in the history of the BTCC was. I have all the season review DVDs since 1994, and have so far watched 1994, 1995 and all of them since 2007, and of those I think the best year was 2016 or 2017. I know 1992 is thought of as one of the best seasons ever, but I would be interested to know what other BTCC fans think.
That's a good question. 92 gets mentioned a lot because of the finale. In reality, BMW were actually way off the pace at the start of the season. Harvey and Bellm only just made the top 10 at the first round as the Vauxhalls and Toyota's dominated. It wasn't until the BMW clicked and Harvey did his hell on earth 5 wins a in row run that made it a 3 horse race, although mid season it looked like Allam was in the hunt as well

93 was supposed to be Soper's year but it surprised a lot of people how quickly smoking Jo got used to British circuits, shame also the Mondeo only appeared in the 2nd half.

Modern BTCC (although I really enjoy it) is deliberately set up to be close so it's no surprise when the lead swaps around there is 2 or 3 drivers still in contention at the final meeting. That said, I can't think of a poor season for years, they have all been entertaining and that's all you can really ask for.