View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1942789)   #6
Red Baron
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
Red Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eugh yes, quite agree Bella. The toilet and in fact all facilities at Monza are shocking. Worst I've seen. I camped there, which made it wore I suppose but just be prepared.

The atmosphere is second to none though, especially for a Ferrari fan (as I am). You can get to the old banking and it's well worth the walk.

Did you say that you have grandstand seats? From what I remember (it was 2001) there is a free grandstand on the outside of the circuit, opposite the pit lane entrance. If you can bags a place in it (we slept in it overnight) and fight off the enthusiatic locals then you'll have a great spot from which to watch the race.

If you spend a lot of time in Milan make sure you take some industrial strength insect repellent. Honeslty, I went for a long weekend (not GP weekend) and was nearly eaten alive by mozzies and that was in the city centre (in the region of the Duomo and shopping areas). I've never seen that detailed in any guide books, but beware; it really ruined my weekend.

With regard to the rest of the area, you really must make time to see the Lakes. Como isn't far away and it's so beautiful.

Have a fab time.

Rosie