View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3817788)   #1030
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
All this talk of blood pressure and puncturing of various bits of anatomy is a little apposite, as due to a degree of senile incompetence I'd got it firmly in my head that last year's medical was on 16th April, so as I'm due to be out racing next weekend, I thought I's better get my licence application in over two weeks ago to give me plenty of time whilst still availaing myself of the twelve month validity of my last medical......at which point I discovered I'd got it wrong and my last one was 6th of April....and I'd missed the cut-off

So next available appointment for a fresh medical was yesterday....which duly went OK, and I bimbled off to get the form into the post at the main sorting office a few miles away, to catch the last collection......and as time was tight I paid the MSA's idiot tax to get express 3-day handling.

So this morning at 11.02 I get an email telling me my application has been received. Then at 13.10 I get another email advising that as I'd paid for express handling my licence had been printed and would be dispatched today......and another email confirming that my licence had been processed and giving "To Whom it May Concern" confirmation that I could compete this weekend if needed without paying any "no-licence" penalty....

Pretty impressive performance from Royal Mail and MSA, huh?

Assuming my actual licence arrives before next weekend.