View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3854931)   #28
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do Ferrari have any feet left that don't have bullet holes in them?

Between Q2 and Q3 we got a shot at Hamilton's Merc with an inter on the front right. At that moment I think it was pretty unclear which way was the best. Then in the closing moments before going out it became apparent to all the teams (except Ferrari?) that it wasn't wet enough for inters and was unlikely to rain in the next few minutes. It was a bad decision.

What did Ferrari have to gain or lose? They could have gone on slicks like everyone else. Then they would have been no better or worse off than any other team. They chose inters, the track was nearly dry and they looked like idiots. If rain had come in during the out lap, Ferrari might have been able to get a timed lap in while everyone else was scurrying to the pits. And that might have been the best track conditions of the session. Note the one "if" and two "mights". It really wasn't a gamble worth taking.

My prediction for the close-season: Arrivabene will be sacked.