View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3818430)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
sorry for the lack of updates here! the weather was just toooooo nice and we were more interested in the track activity.

I'll find some results to post, but the highlight for me was chatting with the driver of this little formula junior class car from Canada. It's a 61 Dreossi Special driven by Doug Elcomb from Ontario. It has a 946cc Sprite Motor bored out to 998cc with an upside down mounted Fiat 600 Multipla transaxle gearbox...we called it the beer keg car! This is pic with my phone of it climbing the hill at T1.

Good stuff all around!
Glad you had a good weekend, and hope there was a spectator or two who weren’t enjoying themselves too much to take a few pics!

The Dreossi Special will be familiar to some on here, especially Historic Formula Junior people. Doug bought the car over to Europe several years ago for a race or two. Certainly he raced it at the Goodwood Revival. Built using a jet fighter drop (fuel) tank, from memory.....