Thread: Nikita Mazepin
View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2020, 15:09 (Ref:4021748)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
He's not really coming across as an upgrade from Grosjean or Magnussen is he?
I believe I saw an article month ago in which Steiner was effectively saying their problem is their car and they need to devote their budget in that direction vs. paying drivers. So I believe their strategy is to use pay drivers to help address car development budget issues. Then ideally at a future point in time when they have resolved issues with the car and they become constrained by their drivers abilities, they would bring in more talent if needed. Maybe during this interim period Mick and Nikita get some F1 experience and show if they have a future in F1 or not.

With that being said, I am curious to see how Mick works out. As to Nikita, I don't know a great deal, but he seems to come across as someone who has grown up with a very entitled attitude and has yet to run into "real life". I expect F1 might be that moment for him.

Richard