Thread: 2021
View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4028763)   #211
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
And lets also add big personalities used to winning and getting their own way.
For sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
of couse we are all just speculating but from what has been 'reported' is LH asking for anything outside the norm for a multiple and reigning champ?

Might even be lower then what we have seen in the past?
The two rumors that jumped out at me as being new (and maybe they are not) is

(1) Asking for a percentage (or significant percentage) of the teams cash winnings. But then maybe that is not unusual. Such as bonuses for winning championships. Maybe it's the size of the slice of the pie that is the problem?

(2) Asking for future involvement in the team in a unique way. How do you define that? And if you are running a business. If you "hire" someone and they ask for that type of freedom. That is a serious topic. Especially if maybe you don't want to say "yes". What if Lewis is contractually given some type of platform inside the team (or Mercedes) and in the end they don't like where he goes with it? No doubt whoever is handling the negotiation on Lewis' side should include clauses such as... If you push me out early, I get X compensation. Basically it is putting a dollar value on a non-monetary item that Lewis is asking for. And to do that correctly, you need that value to be large enough that it is painful to break that agreement. Otherwise, they could promise you the world but then just say no once the contract is signed and pay you to go a way.

This is fun to speculate. Maybe Lewis should sign a contract so we can have something else to discuss.

Richard