View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2498429)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Bloody hell. I have sat through row after row and endured it because I love F1. Then mere weeks after a solution has been found to one of the biggest fights the sport has ever faced, a new one pops up, for no better reason it seems then for the sake of being petty.

I dunno why the FIA think the FOTA teams didn't enter the championship because they published a list saying they had been accepted, but at the same time the solution to that problem is not to storm out of the meeting and moan to the press. I'm trying to think of a single other sport where fans have to put up with this much political bull****.... any ideas?
The report I read suggested that, having been told they were not official entries for 2010 they were not authorised to attend the meeting and therefore left or even had to leave, staying not being an option.

Maybe they can just turn this into a compelling soap opera and cut costs by not bothering with the racing at all.

They could call it 'Big Bother' perhaps.

How about 'I'm a degenerate, get me in there' - a reality TV program along the lines of , well, any of the others but csome sort of mix of The Apprentice, Dragon's Den and 'I'm a celebrity ...' - whereby two members of the public are selected, one to run the FiA and the other to act as F1 rights Holder, and given a year to create as much dissent and publicity as they can. Anything goes. Racing optional. Travelling the world on expenses compulsory.

OK, my Copyright. What's Endemol's number?