View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2007, 06:56 (Ref:2081832)   #44
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a little confused....

I'm a little confused....the minimum of info trickling through on the FoSC site, no emails for regular FoSC officials so far, then I read this in a CAMS Newsletter:

Maybe the organisers don't need NSW officials???

Ever wanted to officiate at Bathurst?

How about next Easter...21st – 23rd of March 2008? The Festival of Sporting Cars is running the 'Celebration of Motor Sport at Bathurst and we'd love you to come!

We conduct exciting competition for Historic Sports and Touring Cars, Marque and Production Sports Cars, Improved Production Cars and some wonderful Regularities.

Before entries opened, we had over 900 expressions of interest and we will have over 400 competition cars at the Mountain over Easter. We've also invited hundreds of display cars from country car clubs, and boy, do they have some rare machinery!

"Oh", I hear you mutter, "busy time in Melbourne...flat out for weeks...and the family, you know". Well, why not bring your family to Bathurst and make a holiday of it while the partners and kids enjoy a VIP room all weekend, relax and a take a few tours to vineyards, sheep shearing or sightseeing.

We are arranging subsidised coach fares from Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane if the numbers warrant it, and we have some great accommodation for officials for as little as $12 a night. Or you may like to camp at the track – free of course.

We have all the amenities now and we will be making your trip memorable – with a party or two. We look for better ways to do everything, so a display car will take you to your flag point. No waiting for a bus or truck, but personal service for you, and a lap of Bathurst for the display car! We'll even have a MASH tent, like the TV show's mess tent, where everyone meets for breakfast and after play for a drop or two; somewhere to chill out or chat and follow some action. After all, you're meant to enjoy giving your time – volunteering that is – so the whole meeting can function.

So why not satisfy a dream? Return to the Mountain and have fun working at the best track in Australia – where the first wheel turned in anger over 70 years ago on the dirt track that is Mount Panorama. If you'd like to combine some pleasure with your passion, email charles@fosc.com.au or send us a fax or a call on (02) 9907 0136 and we can have a great weekend together.