View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3927237)   #111
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Effect View Post
Back to a traditional points scoring system for me. Cannot believe Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards were robbed of titles over the years. Particularly Edwards in 2008, that Roush Fenway Ford was a missile.
I'll drink to THAT! Nascar sez champions would have been the same under the old scoring. I think not. A hothead fast driver like Harvick would drive the last 10 races a lot different with the almost 300 point cushion he had one year. He could have finished last in one race, 10th or 15th in another and still lead points.

Someone mentioned not knowing much about newer drivers. Does anyone think that UFC, MMA, or any TV wrestling going all the way back to the '50's would exist if the players hadn't been allowed to talk smack at each other? A new driver mouths off about another; Nascar fines them $25000 for "conduct detrimental to the sport." Equine Fecal Matter! It may be detrimental to a bunch of Daytona bean counters' idea of "clean, family entertainment" to pitch to sponsors, but fans love it. The fans are leaving because they don't know the drivers; and sponsors are drying up as the fanbase does.

One driver I have doubts about is Eric Jones. He spun 7 times at 'Dega last year...by himself.