View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3119969)   #271
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I really don't think that Star Race Cars (the group that builds/built Star Mazdas) would be able to easily move towards constructing an IndyCar chassis. Further, so far as I can tell this is an independent company contracted to build Star Mazdas. It is not owned or operated by Mazda. In fact, other than the name and the engine, I really don't see any direct involvement by Mazda in the production of the vehicle.

I really believe that Mazda is as deep in the motorsports pool as they wish to go and that the natural progression for them would be to Grand Am/ALMS, similar to what they did in IMSA and later in endurance racing.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.