Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2013, 19:24 (Ref:3342449)   #76
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i've always thought a resource restriction would be easier to police than a budget restriction. teams have to register resources with a central body and can only make use of those for certain amounts of time.

perhaps introducing a control piece of software and control computer networks that can be inspected at any time might be worth looking at.
thinking along those lines would create a rather elegant solution imo.

cap the amount of time a factory can be open, wind tunnel run, number of employees, max hours they can work etc (resource restriction) plus a system where the team's own numbers are used to calculate the value of parts they bring to the track (an expansion of a teams inventory measurement systems readable by the FIA like the ECU).

it doesnt have to be perfect but with each passing year the system would become more refined.

also dont think exclusion should be the penalty for violating the cap but rather a system of increasingly harsh fines for every dollar spent over the cap level (see NBA for their luxury tax rules).

i guess the point is that there are alternatives to physically counting every dollar.