View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3503053)   #37
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Got it, thanks. So instead of using a local business & domestic extinguisher company I need not bother at all. Keeps me legal and saves money, that's what I call a win-win. :-)
(until the rules are changed again).
I think that by virtue of you not having had your extinguishers serviced on a regular basis that you may well be giving your insurer a reason to render your fire insurance null and void. When I was running our factory I recall that our insurers would always check random fire safety equipment, as would Health and Safety Inspectors on their annual visits.

I am glad to say that we always passed the fire protection side of H & SI inspections, even though we had to comply with some absolutely stupid instructions. One of the most stupid was that we had to have fire extinguishers inside our brick built ink store where we stored up to 2000 gallons of industrial methylated spirit, but we did not have to have any just outside the store, or anywhere in the vicinity. It just defies logic that anybody with even half a brain would go inside that store to pick up an extinguisher and try to fight a fire. Anybody with any sense would get as far away as possible.