Thread: LM24 New gadgets for 2017
View Single Post
Old 8 May 2017, 10:01 (Ref:3732177)   #11
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
...modern blow up mattresses are useless, do not hold in the air so need pumping up every day. I have a self inflating mat and find it very comfortable, much more so than I expected....
I also agree. The other issue with airbeds, especially if you only use them once or twice a year, is they go brittle when stored (not helped because you'll have folded them up as tight as possible to save space in the cupboard) so don't hold air at all when next inflated. I was buying a new one every year pretty much.

I now have a self inflating mat, only a cheap one from Decathlon and it is nearly as comfortable and unlikely to go wrong.

I borrowed a fancy lightweight unpadded mat on a recent trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and was surprised at how comfortable that was (and how small it folded up), but they are properly expensive and probably not worth the price for a single car supported camping trip a year.