View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3792343)   #89
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I go away for several months and the first page of the first thread I open, Formula Fox is arguing some questionable theory and telling pro racers they don't know their business. I guess I came back too soon.

(J/k, Mr. Fox ... we have had some interesting discussions ... but i guess just as leopards don't change their spots .... )
I haven't told any pro racer(that I know of) his business. I asked the one person I know is a pro racer for more information.

The thing is, it's VERY important I get this straightened out one way or another. It's a side detail, but it's actually a very big deal - if my information is wrong(very possible for the exact reasons I've stated - manufacturers keeping things close to the chest mudding things up means even my very reliable sources may have been fooled), then the major point of my earlier wall of text regarding GT Convergence changes in a small but significant way; GTE goes from having only one thing to offer to having nothing to offer, meaning it should be wiped out.

Everything that's been said so far is showing exactly WHY this issue is so muddy as well. Even if I've got my class expenses wrong, several people here really are unaware of just how insane some GT3 cars actually are.

(as a funny side note, the McLarens are actually one of the closest designs to their original roadgoing version due to how the roadcar was built, but it's one of the first cited by most as example of how different GT3 cars can be from their street car counterpart)