Thread: IMSA Race CTMP Mosport IMSA Round
View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2019, 05:14 (Ref:3916249)   #19
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well it happened again folks. Change your DVRs to CNBC tomorrow and watch the ratings plummet. But hey, Atherton said it was a huge improvement in TV coverage and being on NBC OTA would be good for IMSA. Well that's not happening now sir.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/c...ascar-rainout/

As I said last week, what do you expect? Even with stagnant ratings, NASCAR is still the most popular form or motorsport in America. Also probably doesn't help that both NASCAR and IMSA are majority owned by Jim France. Atherton is just a mouth piece. He used say what Don Panoz paid him to say, now he's doing the same for France. And to be fair, Fox's coverage of IMSA the last couple of years they were on there were abysmal. Just like they were just going through the motions and hoping that someone else would take over.

Also, NASCAR did try testing rain tires on ovals back in the mid-1990s, and it didn't work too well to say the least. And with the crap that Goodyear is selling to NASCAR, I don't think the results would be much better 20+years on.

Last edited by chernaudi; 7 Jul 2019 at 05:19.