View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2022, 17:15 (Ref:4135736)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I do happen to know a "little" bit about Ted Martin because he had a workshop next to my old racing mate Norman Ricketts (RIP) in Haddenham.
Sue and I would often go and stop with Norman and Anne and while the women talked about mundane things Norm and I would go down to his workshop and talk about car racing!
I was there one day when this person came in and asked Norm if he could weld a part of a steam train up for him the next week, after he had gone I asked who he was, and Norm said that it was Ted Martin.
I remembered who he was from old motor magazines in my youth and asked Norm a bit more about him and the V8 and the 3 valve cylinder head for the Ford Kent block, Norm walked down the workshop and amongst the junk under a bench was one of the old "damaged"cylinder heads that he was going to repair "one day"
Ted Martin actually owned Lawrencetune back in the day and was a great mechanical innovator, he had been a mate of Norman's for years that I didn't know about and would have loved to have had a good talk to him for an hour or so
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !