Old 30 Jul 2019, 21:03 (Ref:3920461)   #649
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
It does not work anywhere. The Blancpain GT series really stinks now. I used to be to excited about the Spa 24 throughout the decade. This year, I barely followed it. Exactly as I predicted a safety car calamity. This is no endurance race its just a bunch of sprint races with a safety car pause and then you go again. Strangley though I have enjoyed the sprint series races more than the endurance so far this year despite the fact that the sprint series is lacking in manufacturer diversity. Its pretty much Lambo vs Mercedes vs Audi, with an occasional lone Ferrari or Aston Martin.

There really is not much real endurance racing anymore. I think Nurburgring is the best since they just go with slow zones. Daytona and Sebring have gotten better mainly because of their field sizes which are in the 40's now. Perfectly fine in this day and age of great reliability. Quite content to keep those grids under 50 cars. Bathurst has too many safety cars. Actually I am looking forward to the Suzuka 10 hours. That went off well in 2018 (broadcasting aside). The Indy 8 hours has a ton of potential I think. On the Creventic side, I've become a big fan of the COTA 24.
Spa and Bathurst have too many safety cars but Sebring and Daytona don't? Please. At least in Bathurst and Spa unlapping isn't mandatory... All of them are great races though. Just enjoy it man, we are in a golden era of endurance racing.