Thread: WEC Race FIA WEC 6 Hours of Fuji
View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2019, 18:47 (Ref:3932304)   #27
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I expected more from the privateers. Ginetta, while new, just shot itself in the foot. Repeatedly... Rebellion put up a good fight early in the race but they just don't have Toyota's consistency. What I was hoping for was thanks to Fuji's huge straight, was that Toyota's hybrid boost was only good for maybe half the straight and that their top speed disadvantage would come into play more. That showed but then as the stint went on, the privateers faded away. Like I said with Ginetta, they had serious top speed but their brakes had issues and I think that led to the tires. That led to them getting a penalty for excessive tire use.

GTE was good though, but it seemed like the focus on it wasn't doing justice to the race that was going on. LMP2 was good too but it doesn't hold much interest to me as it's an all-Oreca affair.

Onto China, they have another huge straight where Rebellion and Ginetta will have a serious advantage. If Ginetta gets on top of their brake problem and doesn't make the mistakes, they will be a force because both Toyota's will be further restricted, not by weight but by the hybrid and fuel flow which the former is their main advantage.