Thread: WEC Race FIA WEC 6 Hours of Fuji
View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3932984)   #42
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
They don’t have the consistency. I never said they did. But the Toyota pulls moves that no other car can do. And that’s before we talk about the electric start in the pit lane, no starter motor, being immune to the wheels turning on the jacks, etc.

There’s lots of reasons. We’ve typed them out so many times. It’s boring. But we shouldn’t jump to conclusions...
Yeah, we should just assume Toyota will win every race even though they weigh 100+kg more than the others. You make it seem like they only win because of their hybrid, which will be restricted further at China. They don't execute at anything else? The privateers don't falter at all?

Rebellion was 2 second slower than last year with more knowledge of the car and NO success penalties. Why? Partially because they expected colder weather and chose a softer compound of tire. Unlike some, I'm not pessimistic on the other teams' chances for the rest of the season. I can look at the races and see where things went wrong for teams. Silverstone was where Toyota was easily favored imo. Fuji a little bit less so, but it's a track where they've won all but one race entered, I think that one was a given. China sees both Toyota's slowed by at least another second per lap on paper.

If Ginetta gets on top of it's issues and Rebellion can stay consistent (use the right compound), then there's a race to be had. Not a Toyota walkover. I don't want to see that, even if Toyota is my favorite team.

The penalty and exclusion situation bothers me too. A standard part like that failing shouldn't mean the result is thrown out. Rules are rules, but sometimes they need to be looked over and rewritten for situations like this.