View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2020, 11:14 (Ref:3989721)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think the decision was simply to do something different to the majority, which is a dice to be rolled when in that position.
Initially they opted for Wets,
Quite likely - given their grid slot a roll of the dice was certainly worth a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Hindsight makes it look like a good call - personally I think it was just a gamble that went their way. I appreciate them trying it though - it's always better when someone tries a different approach which is still competitive.
I think the formation lap was enough to show that slicks would work - Kvyat wanted to switch as well but the team didn't answer him (that we heard) - presumably to avoid the penalty that Haas got. It was only worth the switch for those near the back of the grid though so everyone else had to go with what they had. As you say, it's good to see people try something different rather than just taking the safe option.