Thread: 2022 Race Dates
View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4083407)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Davey View Post
Latest update from Formula Ford Historic France for the "Forecast" 2022 Calendar adds two dates:
20/22 May: Grand Prix de Pau Historique (Pau)
17-19 June: Grand Prix de France Historique (Paul Ricard, Le Castellet)
It isn't quite clear if the two Calendar additions are part of the French Historic Championship, I'm trying to find out. If they are part of the championship that would mean it will be 8 events/16 races with a big gap mid June to early September.The other French Championship for 67-92 FF1600s + FF Zetecs usually shares the same dates as the French Historic Formula Fords, but I suspect it may not include Pau in 2022. It also continues to show a provisional event at Spa sometime after mid June, but this may just be a "syncing" issue.
Hi Simon. To say the least its a little bit confusing atm. Not talking about rumors.

I think the Historic Tour will go not go to Pau this year. If this meeting is held it wont be part of the French Championship just because HVM is the official organiser for any event of this calendar.
And yes you're right there is a gap between June and September.

As to Trophée FF Kent Zetec, nothing about Pau and Castellet on the provisional calendar.

As you say, both Pau and Castellet are part of the Formula Ford Historic France calendar ATM and forms can be downloaded via the website. What is clear is that those two meetings are not part of the Historic Tour. May be Régis knows more.
If some french grids go to Spa (I only see an opportunity during the Summer Classic) it wont be an addition to the official championship either.