View Single Post
Old 7 May 2011, 12:26 (Ref:2875878)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonb87 View Post
As a missing Imper, it isn't the circuit that puts me off, but the entry fee which is not commensurate with club racing - this event is not value for money from my perspective and having had an expensive weekend at Cadwell, I decided not to do this meeting. The Impers are on a tight budget, do a lot of their own preparation of their own cars etc.
I don't think that the circuit will be as good as the old Historic GP for us, but I cannot be certain until I race there.
Good point - I had not checked the entry fees Simon. In fact that makes it rather interesting. If the fees are at the higher end of the scale it would seem to be slightly strange that the entry list makes it look so popular. Somewhat counter-intuitive in a way but some Historic racing seems to be like that.

On and off this morning I have been listening to the Britcar meeting practice/qualifying sessions - at least those that was audible. Checking the TSL information is seems, so far, that there are a lot of MX5s and Dutch Super cars. Not too many BOSS GP or Smarts. Not sure about the Britcars yet - nothing showing at the moment.

It seems, perhaps misleadingly, that available budgets may be aggregating to some limited series within the different clubs.