Thread: Lola T290
View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2006, 14:23 (Ref:1726449)   #9
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
driftwood, what do you meen "the list is my list"? I never see or get a list from you! There are a lot of questions round the T290 in 1972. I get a lot of information from Alain Hache and other community members
Oh yes, you did; I can mail it to you again !!
I sent the list to people like Alain for comments, but anyway I'm not going to split hairs.
I am making the point that I had a list from Krecjis site that I amended and you now raise questions from!!

HU4 has no info so it is a mystery. However I think that JoBo kept the 1st 5 cars for his own team drivers and customers got the next built cars?
SO FAR NO ONE HAS FOUND hu4 CAR RACING !!

I made an educated guess at Osella having hu7 with Abarth engine as the car was used twice?
On Krecjis list, Osella had 3 cars but I think 2 are the Minel racing cars. I have tried to contact Osella directly for info but no reply yet. I even asked Italian historic racer for help but still no info yet

There are other records of Lola 290 Abarth running in later years and I have French hillclimb ( FIA round) with Italian driver in 290 Abarth. We do not actually know how many cars ran with Abarth engines. Even the Moser/Nicodemi car ran Abarth and Ford power and I await Mosers mechanic meeting Tonio to ask the question of the engine fitted to his car hu20 for TF 1972 race.

Last edited by John Turner; 28 Jan 2007 at 11:51. Reason: Chassis Archive edit!