View Single Post
Old 18 May 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3823291)   #10
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think fixing the cars and getting a somewhat wider array of tracks will lessen the issue people currently might have with race lengths.

As for the race lengths, if a few of the 500s drop to 400s, I wouldn't necessarily mind. On the other hand, I'd kind of like to see the one race at Fontana go back to 500 from 400. I'd also be in favor of lengthening the Watkins Glen race to 250, or possibly even 300 miles. The end-of-season race at Riverside used to be 500km.

I commented in the "Future Grands Prix" thread in the F1 section that a lot of the dickering around with the aero rules that sanctioning bodies do often make the aero problems worse, because their first priority in major changes is often to lower speeds. The frequent result of that is an increase in drag, a worsening of the L/D, and therefore, a relative increase in wake turbulence.