View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2005, 01:11 (Ref:1218523)   #151
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901
With the Nissan having been nobbled by CAMS, Bob Forbes elected to enter the VN instead of the GTR for one of the 92 ATCC rounds. Rohan Onslow also raced it at an Amscar round at Amaroo that year.
Onslow also raced the car at the last round of the ATCC at Oran Park didn't he?

European VL Commodore - There was an original VL (Brock HDT homologated VL) run by the Serge Power team in Europe in 1988, driven by among others Michel Delcourt and Alex Guyaux, and from memory #24. Where did this car come from? I guess it may be the car gab73 was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Dale Jr
I was pretty sure the Grice car was the same one both years, but it just seemed odd for it to be reported as only being the 1989 car. On the Schembri VL, I'm pretty sure it was the ex-Grice car, running in the same white and blue livery, sans FAI logos.
From memory wasn't the Schembri VL orange and white? The livery on the Rogers Valvoline Commodore from 1990 was the same as on the Grice/FAI car from '88 and '89, except the blue part of the car was replaced with orange, and as you say minus the FAI backing, with the car then going to Schembri.

Would it be safe to assume that one of the Roadways VL Walkinshaws from 1988 went Grice 88 - Grice 89 - Rogers 90 - Schembri at a later date?

NZ Group A - I'll have a look at some of the race reports i can find in old Auto Actions, from memory though the national championship Group A races usually consisted in the late-80s of Robbie Francevic's Wolf/Petch Sierra occasionally being hassled by the likes of Kayne Scott in a BMW M3 (the ex-CiBiEmme car that Petch bought when the WTCC circus came to our shores in 1987?)

In the end didn't they end up opening the floodgates to any Group A car that had been homologated at one time or another to get a grid, rather than what was homologated at the time? I recall it was good for a time though...

Last edited by racer69; 6 Feb 2005 at 01:17.