View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3321947)   #131
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
If aesthetics play a big part (which I agree they do), than why does your friend watch F1 and NASCAR? I don't know other people's opinion of F1 and NASCAR cars but they both look fairly ugly to me (NASCAR is getting a bit better). Does your pal consider F1 and NASCAR cars appealing?
F1 and NASCAR are wealthy series and their authority is established and was cultivated over some years. They didn't split. So they can get away with ugly/underwhelming cars.

Indycar threw all their authority and wealth away with the split and find themselves outside and trying to reenter the American public consciousness. To start from scratch, they need a car to turn heads away from Cup; they haven't got that.