View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2019, 02:12 (Ref:3890289)   #3
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
“I have known Charlie for all of my racing life. We worked as mechanics together, became friends and spent so much time together at race tracks across the world,” said Formula 1’s Managing Director of Motorsport, Ross Brawn.

“I was filled with immense sadness when I heard the tragic news. I’m devastated.

“It is a great loss not only for me personally but also the entire Formula 1 family, the FIA and motorsport as a whole. All our thoughts go out to his family.”

Brawn was just one of those sharing messages of condolence following Whiting’s death, with the F1 paddock and others across the motorsport community taking to social media to express their loss.

@WilliamsRacing
We are terribly saddened to hear of Charlie Whiting's passing. Charlie was a true legend of the sport and will be greatly missed. Everyone's thoughts at Williams are with his family and friends at this difficult time.

@McLarenF1
All at McLaren are shocked and deeply saddened at the news of Charlie Whiting's passing. Charlie will be remembered as one of the giants of our sport, as well as a great colleague. Our deepest sympathies and thoughts are with all of his loved ones.

@HaasF1Team
We are deeply saddened to hear of our friend Charlie Whiting’s passing.

We send our condolences to his family at this difficult time. The entire motorsport community is in mourning.

@fia
FIA Statement - Charlie Whitinghttps://www.fia.com/news/fia-statement-charlie-whiting …

@LandoNorris
I think everyone is the paddock is gonna miss Charlie. Very sad news to all of us. Thoughts to his family and friends. Thanks for all you’ve done for our sport... #RestInPeace

@McLarenF1
All at McLaren are shocked and deeply saddened at the news of Charlie Whiting's passing. Charlie will be remembered as one of the giants of our sport, as well as a great colleague. Our deepest sympathies and thoughts are with all of his loved ones.

@ToroRosso
Scuderia Toro Rosso is deeply saddened to hear the news Charlie Whiting, FIA Director of Formula One, has passed away.

The team sends its condolences to his family and friends at this difficult time. Charlie will be sorely missed by many in the Motorsport community

@dariofranchitti
So sad to hear the Charlie Whiting has died. A lovely man who was an integral part of F1, he’ll be greatly missed by the sport and especially by his many friends.

@ValtteriBottas
Very sad and surreal news ahead the Australian GP. Can’t believe it..
My thoughts are with the family and friends.
He’s done so much for the sport we love.

Rest in peace Charlie#VB77

@fia
FIA Statement - Charlie Whitinghttps://www.fia.com/news/fia-statement-charlie-whiting …

Statement from Renault

Renault Sport Racing was shocked and saddened to hear of the sudden passing of Charlie Whiting. Charlie was one of the pillars and leaders of the sport. His drive to ensure exciting, safe and fair racing was unparalleled and his passion will be sorely missed. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time. The sport will unite to continue his legacy, not just this weekend, but well into the future.