redesp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taken from another thread....

Considering that all cars have:
1. the same rims
3. the same nuts
3. the same spindles

then the only variable is "organic"

Clearly it is operator error.
I tried to slow down the coverage (taped the event) to see if i could see where it went wrong.
I was hoping to see the wheel guy starting to tighten the nut before the wheel was hard up against the axle assembly but I couldn't pick it.
OR is the rattle gun at an angle to the wheel, therefore "cocking" the nut at an angle as the wheel-man hits the trigger on the gun. Is this a result of the wheel-man using the gun to assist in the "pick up and place the wheel" motion

Dear Mr FPR: get your wheel man lower to the ground, maybe on his knees, so he can locate the rattle gun to the nut evenly and then the wheel will be directly on the axle and spindle THEN commence tightening the wheel.

OR just watch the channel 7 coverage to see how T8 do it... very slick

NASCAR is a different story too. I remember seeing a TV show on Sports Science that detailed the effort and bio mechanical movement required.
It went on to go into a NASCAR team where the Wheel-Men were not chosen for their mechanical ability (i don't think they had any IIRC) but they selected on their physical attributes. In other words, they used trained athletes rather than mechanics.
Considering the $$ in NASCAR it makes financially viable.

Only Milk and Juice should come in 2 litres... ;)