View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3845012)   #14
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simon is right to ask these questions, and the trouble with any of these discussions is that they end up being dominated by those who want to reverse the decision and those who do not. The future planning for the country has been wrecked by this, and you only need to read from the top of this forum to see hear is no different.

Two years ago I went to Monza with a single seater which has a V5C. I went through non-EU Switzerland. The route is easier. I had to leave the EU and return...the same on the way back. I stopped at customs on the way south going into Switzerland. A guy came and said hi. He said wait there. 5 minutes later his boss came out of the office and asked if it was a Ferrari. When I said no, he left. He was only interested in Ferraris. The border chap then said there was no reason for us to have stopped and he was only trying to cheer his boss up!

As I understand it you can do events in Switzerland with a National A licence. Can anyone confirm? If so, then why should it be any different for the UK. There should be recognition of the licences around Europe. If you look in the Blue book then it does mention "EU and comparable countries". where Nat A licences are valid. I would hope that the MSA are on top of this, rather than focusing on some pet academy project that their mag is full of.

The issue of movement of single seaters/trailers/tools etc must surely be sorted. The caravan owners will have the same issue one assumes