View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2705554)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think looking at your history you are spot on in many ways.

We keep being told by the people involved that it's progress and good having two series.

But I have always called into question the reasoning behind this, and now it seems even more idiotic to have two series running at these difficult times.

I can only report what my friends have said when watching it on telly. And that is, "why are there only two cars in this race?" "Why is it so dusty!!" "Why is a triumph Spitfire racing against an Astra"

You can't expect to promote a series when people don't understand what's going on who are new.

There isn't a lot of money about, so you can't expect people to buy ERC spec cars. But the basic modified rules have totally prevented a 1600 or 1.4 car from being competitive, meaning it's now a two class game where it used to be three or four.

I know you cant make everyone happy, but we had a glut of decent cars in the 70's to the 90's, and now we dont. it's that simple.

Amalgamate the series, get rid of the people who seek to gain rather than promote and let's try and move forward.