View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3863021)   #4030
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Oh. I wasn't aware.

'Ever catch a look at the number of empty seats outnumbering the occupied ones when, on those rare occasions (like NASCAR coverage), they accidentally let a shot of the stands slip through....? 'Didn't think so.

They haven't filled the grandstands since the CART days. Not even Indy on it's hundredth and that always used to sell out.

edit: Reunification? When was/were the previous unification/s? I only remember the one. :grimace:
By that logic NASCAR is much worse off. And even in the "heyday" of NASCAR you could get 1000s of free tickets to Bristol and Martinsville both for weeks ahead of time with all kinds of radio and other giveaways. Indy has fields that hit close to their track limited capacity and have teams signing up each season. That to me would be the measure of success after having car counts in the teens for consistent numbers of events in the not too distant past.

And reunification does NOT mean a second unification, it's a coming together after conflict or disagreement generally. In this case teams being pushed out and arguments over who had the rights to what would seem to qualify. But vocabulary can be hard.